Obstetrics is the branch of medicine that specializes in the care of women during pregnancy and childbirth. Gynecology is the field of medicine that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the female reproductive organs. The care and treatment of other women’s health issues, such as menopause, hormone problems, contraception (birth control), and infertility are also included in obstetrics and gynecology.
The department of obstetrics and gynecology at The Apollo Medical College has experienced specialists and faculty, who provide the undergraduate students with comprehensive knowledge on all aspects of women’s healthcare.” Ongoing community health programs that are conducted in rural health centers include health camps for the prevention of anemia, maternal care, and early detection of cancer in women.
At the end of the academic session on obstetrics and gynecology, the student shall be able to:
- Diagnose and manage antenatal, perinatal, and postnatal periods of normal and abnormal pregnancies.
- Develop surgical skills to treat common gynecological problems and emergencies.
- Provide counseling and implement fertility regulation methods.
- Acquire knowledge of methods of legal termination of pregnancy.
- Provide patient education on hygiene, self-care, and care during pregnancy.
The department of obstetrics and gynecology at The Apollo Medical College has dedicated and experienced professors, obstetricians, and gynecologists who train undergraduate students in all aspects of women’s healthcare. Our faculty members actively engage with students in campus events, community health programs, and research projects.