Dermatology is the field of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of skin, hair, and nails. The department of dermatology at The Apollo Medical College has expert dermatologists and experienced professors who are dedicated to training undergraduate students in the diagnosis and management of skin diseases.
State-of-the-art medical care is provided to patients with skin conditions at the department of dermatology at The Apollo Medical College.
At the end of the course, the students trained in dermatology shall be expected to excel in
- History taking process in dermatology, sexually transmitted diseases, and leprosy.
- Performing medically appropriate investigative process by accurate clinical examination and interpretation of cutaneous findings in a systematic and ethical way.
- Exhibiting constructive clinical problem-solving skills to observe and analyze patient complaints.
- Basic soft skills including active listening and critical thinking in order to understand the needs and concerns of patients.
- Cultivating skills to do day-to-day common laboratory tests and their interpretation which help in the diagnosis.
The department of dermatology at The Apollo Medical College has expert dermatologists and experienced professors to train our undergraduate students. Our faculty members actively engage with students in campus events, conduct screening, and health awareness community programs and participate in various research projects.
A discussion about a subject matter will teach you more about the issue at hand than just listening to it from a one-dimensional perspective. We believe in engaging our students in seminars, talks, webinars, and group discussions as a part of CME. The Apollo Medical College holds regular talks and seminars at the campus as well as other outside locations in view of our students to benefit from them. Best speakers are brought in with high knowledge on the subject matter and care is taken to ensure modern topics are regularly discussed. We encourage all students to actively participate in the same making this a positively reinforcing experience.